Sep 21, 2007

She: Peanut Butter n Jelly Cupcakes

I saw different parts to this recipe in different places, and just had to put it together. I had a baaaad week, and when I do I bake. I needed a good project. These cupcakes are worth it. They are delicious! The icing alone is sinful.
Ingredients:
1 1/4C flour, 1 1/2tsp baking powder, 1/4tsp salt, 1/2C peanut butter, 1/2 stick butter, 1/2C brown sugar, 1 egg, 1/2 tsp vanila, 2/3C milk.
Icing:
1/2 stick butter, 1/2C peanut butter, 1/2C cream cheese, 2C powder sugar, 1tb milk
Directions: for batter, mix pb, butter and sugar on high til fluffy. Add egg and vanilla. Reduce and alternate between the rest of the wet and dry. Fill cupcakes 2/3 full and bake for 18mts @ 350F. While its baking, mix the icing: all the ingredients should be at room temp, blended on high. For the filling, I used smuckers raspberry jam in a piping bag with a long tip and just stuck it into the cupcake and squeezed. I squeezed too much in the first few and had jam volcano erruptions, but I got it right after a few. I just covered the spot with the icing. Tasty!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds yummy!

Stef said...

Maybe I'm just having an off day or maybe I'm too prone to skimming, but I can't figure out what is on top of this cupcake. Did you describe that somewhere and I just keep missing it? It looks tasty.

About He She Chew Chew said...

Hmmm. Hope ya don't mean the icing (it is listed) but the little ball on top? Its just an asian snack we have around the house--its a peanut rolled in pb+coconut milk, then sesame seeds and deep fried. Utterly un-healthy. But then again, so is the rest of the cupcake...

Stef said...

Nope.. I meant the ball on the top. Thanks! Sounds like a fun little snack and it looks cute too.

Charlotte Hume said...

This looks delicious.
Here in the UK peanut butter and jelly is not a favourite. I love it but I am on my own in this house. But I will make your cupcakes to try and turn round the sceptics
Charlotte
Great Big Veg Challenge

Kajal@aapplemint said...

would'nt all that peanut butter make these heavy ... but anything for peanut butter rite :P

Erika T. said...

Mmmmm....those were yummy!