Dec 6, 2007

She: Cupcake Craving

Last week we went to Cupcake Craving off Arden and Howe. We got the half dozen and brought them home for a sugar coma. We had the Smores, Lemon Boost, Cherry cake, Red Velvet and German Chocolate. The Smores was fabulous--chocolaty (iiif thats a word) and creamy. The German Chocolate was also decadent. Red Velvet? (shrug) I don't think red velvet is ever all that fantastic, but I was disappointed by the cherry cake. I wanted much more flavor! There are a few others in town I want to try out. For this place, the people were very friendly, the cakes were all super soft with nice icing, and anything chocolate is great, but I'd prefer more punch to their fruity flavors.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Go to Babycakes in downtown. You'll never go anywhere else. Ever.

Kate said...

Hello from a Sacramentan -- I live in midtown. I'm with you on Cupcake Craving. Pretty, soft, swirly, and all that, but a real lack of "oomph" to most flavors. They just are rather pedestrian. I'm also always in the minority on this but, wayyyy too much frosting. I need a better ratio. I had to laugh, though, that Sacramento catches up to the cupcake craze -- what -- years late? I'll have to check out this Babycakes place, thanks for the commenter's tip on that.

About He She Chew Chew said...

He: I absolutely don't agree with Garret about Babycakes. Their flavors are slightly more inventive than Cupcake Craving, but their buttercream frosting is almost completely flavorless, and the toppings are just superfluous to the cupcakes themselves. I wish that someone would come up with some more inventive fillings. Also, why not have something with crunch inside the cake itself...toffee bits..candied zest...something